29.1.2014

Interview with Dennis Alexis Hellström

Hi everyone! This is my first English blog entry. I interviewed Dennis Alexis Hellström who is a 29-year-old singer, songwriter, blogger and writer from Sandviken, Sweden. He is also a Eurovision fan.


Some Eurovision fans remember you as Bimbo Boy. How did your singing career begin?
I’ve always love singing and I first started recording in 2002, when I was 18 years old. I wanted a provocative stage name so I picked Bimbo Boy and released the first demo songs online. After hearing me sing, more producers started contacting me, asking me to work with them. That’s how it all began.

How many times have you entered a song to Melodifestivalen?
Oh I’m not sure exactly, but around sex or seven songs. I’ve also recorded the vocals for songs meant for other artists too, so it’s hard to keep track on them all ha ha!

Did you receive any feedback?
Yes, in 2005, my song ”Drama Queen" was one of final one hundred songs considered, so it was really close. But we released it as a single instead.



What's your first memory of Eurovision Song Contest?
The first time I remember watching the show was in 1991 when Carola won. It was a big experience, since I’m Swedish myself. I’ve watched the show every year since then. I love the fact that people from so many countries watch the same show. I’d like to believe that music brings us together.

Were you in Malmö last Spring?
No, I wasn’t.

Have you ever seen Eurovision or Melodifestivalen live?
No, I’m not very comfortable with crowds of people. I’m a bit like Greta Garbo and Agnetha Fältskog in that sense ha ha! Call me boring but I actually prefer watching the show on TV, together with good friends and family.

Do you remember any Finnish Eurovision songs?
Oh yes, I remember many of them! My favourite is CatCat’s ”Bye Bye Baby”, it’s amazing! I also love ”Fantasiaa” by Ami Aspelund and ”Lapponia” by Monica Aspelund… and Krista Siegfrids of course! Her debut album is amazing and I can’t wait to hear her new stuff.

Tell me about your current project!
I’m the vocalist of a synthpop project called Eurotix, consisting of me and my producer and friend Larry Forsberg (Eurovision fans might know him as the composer of After Dark’s ”La Dolce Vita” and Jill Johnson’s ”Crazy In Love”). We’ve just released our debut single ”I Plead Insanity”. Our music is synthpop and eurodisco music inspired by the fabulous sound of the 80’s. Check us out on Facebook to find out more: facebook.com/eurotix


What are your future plans?
Right now we’re working hard on the Eurotix debut album. I’m looking forward to releasing it this spring. I hope Eurovision fans will like it too! I’m also a frequent blogger and an author, working on several book projects. So feel free to check out my website DennisAlexis.com to find out more.


Thank you so much for your time and good luck on your career! 

4 kommenttia:

  1. Vastaukset
    1. You're welcome! <3 It was nice to interview you :)

      Poista
  2. Great interview! Miten sä sellaisen tilaisuuden sait?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! ;)
      Me ollaan Dennisin kanssa Facebook-kavereita ja tykkään itse tosi paljon hänen musiikistaan, niin tahdoin mainostaa vähän muillekin :D

      Poista